Friday, 11 January 2019
Vice President, Geopolitical Strategy, BCA Research
Partner, Collaborative Fund
- Discussions on behavioral finance – how investors think about risk
- Use history, psychology, and recent business trends to tell stories about how investors, economists, and business leaders go astray
- A bargain or a bad bargain; Pain vs. Discomfort; Facts vs. Feelings
- How to overcome biases and pitfalls
Director, Harding Center for Risk Literacy, Max Planck Institute for Human Development
- Should Risk and Uncertainty be differentiated?
- What is “rational” decision-making under uncertainty?
- How useful are academic theories for real world financial decisions?
- Can simple heuristics lead to better predictions than complex models?
Deputy Director of the Monetary and Capital Markets Department (MCM)
International Monetary Fund (IMF)
• Discusses the state of India’s financial sector from an international perspective.
• Provides views and comments on effectiveness of recent reforms.
• Makes recommendations to enhance the financial sector so it can help deliver India’s growth ambitions.